Friday, May 11, 2012

I have called you friends...

I have called you friends,
because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father...
(from John 15:12-17)



I have called you friends.  Wow!  These words of Jesus are not only for his apostles and disciples, they are for us.  In taking on our humanity, Jesus showed how much we are loved by God.  And it's a personal relationship God desires with us. 

How is your relationship with God?  How far has it gone form duty, i.e. going to Mass on Sunday and saying morning and night prayers because that's what I'm supposed to do, to a vibrant relationship?  Jesus wants to enter our lives.  We just need to open the door of our hearts and let Him in. 

Have you opened your door to Him?  How do you spend time with Jesus?  Do you attend daily Mass when it's possible, have special devotions that are part of your day (i.e. Rosary, Liturgy of the Hours, Divine Mercy Chaplet, Stations of the Cross), offer up short prayers through out the day, spend time in Eucharistic adoration, read and pray with the Scriptures, take time for spiritual reading? 

Take stock of your spiritual life today and see if Jesus has a special place or do you just "squeeze" Him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment