- Am I being summoned by the Lord?
- Does He desire me to follow Him radically?
- Am I meant to be someone who is counter-cultural?
- What does God want for me?
- Am I willing to surrender my will to His will?
- Am I willing to say yes to God?
Saturday, February 11, 2012
So often when we talk about vocation we use the phrase "a calling" or "being called" to describe it.
Yet a somewhat popular hymn with a "ministry and mission" theme is called The Summons, which has a somewhat different meaning. Summon means "to call for," while summons can mean "any call to appear." Calling refers to "one's profession or vocation."
So, then maybe some questions to ask yourself are