Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Conversion to Vocation ~ from a Nun at St. Emma part 4



  I became very involved with the undergrad program offered by the Catholic Campus ministers, run by the Fathers of the Oratory. When I say “very involved” at one point one the Fathers stated that I was here at the Newman Center more than the Fathers who lived upstairs. I kept the thought of becoming a religious in the back of my mind and heart. I had a wonderful relationship with a young man from CMU. I was keeping all of my options open. While we were dating I just keep feeling like I was taking away time that I should be giving to the Lord. After a while we ended the relationship and He is happily married with children. I learned a lot about myself during that time, I became aware of the Love one could have for another, but I still felt called to give myself completely to the service of the church as a religious. I started looking into orders, I looked for 6 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment