Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let My Heart Expand in Your Love


Our closing thoughts from our reflection from The Imitation of Christ...
Let my heart expand in Your love.  Let me learn to know how sweet it is to serve You, how joyful it is to praise You, and to be dissolved in Your love.  Oh, I am possessed by love and rise above myself because of the great ferver I feel through Your infinite goodness. 
I will sing the canticle of love to You and will follow You, my Beloved, wherever You go, and may my soul never weary of praising You, rejoicing in Your love.  I will love You more than myself and myself only for Your sake; I will love others in You and for You, as Your law of love commands.
The Imitation of Christ
Book 3:  Interior Conversation
Chapter 5, Section 6 

No comments:

Post a Comment