Monday, July 11, 2011

A Short Act of Devotion to our Holy Father, St. Benedict


V.  Lord open my lips,
R.  and my mouth shall proclaim your praise!

Glory to you, Christ our King, glory to you!

Support me, O Lord, according to your word and I shall live!

Let me not be disappointed in my hope.

Glory be tothe Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
Support me, O Lord, according to your world and I shall live!

V.  St. Benedict, our patron, pray for us:
R.  that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray: 

Rekindle in your church, Lord, the Spirit whom our holy father Benedict followed and obeyed:  filled with the same Spirit may we love what he loved and live as he taught us, through Christ our Lord.  Amen.

from:  The Glenstal Book of Prayer, A Benedictine Prayer Book
The Liturgical Press, Collegeville, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment