Sunday, July 3, 2011

St. Thomas


Today's saint is one of my favorites.  Sometimes known as "Doubting Thomas", he perhaps best expressed all the apostles' initial reaction before they saw the Risen Lord:  "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe" (John 20:25).  I often wonder how I would have reacted in Thomas' place.  Would I have believed the others? 

Thomas shows us that Christ can take a weakness and turn it into something incredibly strong.  Thomas went on to bring the Good News to India where, after he had firmly established the church, was martyred.

May St. Thomas help us in our doubts and strengthen our faith so that we too can spread the Good News of Christ to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment