Monday, July 18, 2011

Speak, Lord

This hymn, by Marienne Uszler and Tim Schoenbachler is full of wonderful images for prayer and meditation.  We hope you find them as powerful as we do for thinking and praying about your relationship with the Lord!



Speak, Lord, I love to listen to your voice. See, Lord, here I am.

My heart is silent, Lord. My soul is still, waiting upon your voice. Tell me your will. Empty, I place myself before your face. Touch me now in the silence of faith.
 
Speak, Lord, I love to listen to your voice. See, Lord, here I am.
 
Your word is life, O Lord, through all my days, like a radiant light guiding my way. Your law stands firm, O Lord, strong as a rock. It endures through the night and the storm.
 
Speak, Lord, I love to listen to your voice. See, Lord, here I am.
 
Your word is like a lamp burning so bright, showing the path ahead, giving me sight. In darkness I am lost: your word give light. Speak to me, live in me, saving Word.
 
Speak, Lord, I love to listen to your voice. See, Lord, here I am.

I am the Teacher Christ, speaking to you. Here is my mighty word, holy and true. Come, listen when I speak words filled with light. Learn of me, of my live, of my love.
 
Speak, Lord, I love to listen to your voice. See, Lord, here I am.

1 comment:

  1. Yolette Benain-BarnedMarch 12, 2024 at 1:18 PM

    A few minutes ago I was about to google the news during my lunch break, and a quiet voice said
    "why don't you speak to me instead?" so I did ...
    and as I did, I remembered this soft sweet hymn.
    what a blessing it is when we listen to the Lord.
    Thank you Lord today for my sweet blessing of being silent.
    ( I am in the presence of 25 NOISY students who never shut up) LOL
    They didn't want to hear my story, but I KNOW the Lord will silence them when HE is ready.To each in His time.

    ReplyDelete