Friday, January 25, 2013

Conversion


Sister reading her Vows during her Monastic Profession

Today we celebrate the conversion of St. Paul. Conversion can come in different ways. 
Paul needed to be knocked off his high horse, what does God need to do to get us to convert and become closer to Him? 

We as Benedictine Nuns take a vow of conversion. This means that we vow to constantly change, so that we might be more like Christ. This isn't as easy as it sounds. There are days that we don't see how we are lacking in this virtue, so God reminds us in subtle ways, okay, some days not so subtle. I have to constantly ask my self God do you really want me to do or act in this way? I say a quick prayer and then do it. Sometimes the prayer is just HELP.... or really God.... and for the smaller things, an Hail Mary works just as well.

I often look back at my life and marvel at how God worked in the various area of my past so that I might be the Nun that I am today.

Take the time to stop and reflect on how God worked in your past that has made you who you are today.


No comments:

Post a Comment