Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jesus, delight of my soul...


Jesus, delight of my soul, Bread of Angels,
My whole being is plunged in You,
And I live Your divine life as do the elect in heaven,
And the reality of this life will not cease, though I be laid in the grave.

Jesus-Eucharist, Immortal God,
Who dwell in my heart without cease,
When I possess You, death itself can do me no harm.
Love tells me that I will see You at life’s end.

Permeated by Your divine life,
I gaze with assurance at the heavens thrown open for me,
And death will shame-facedly go away, empty-handed,
For Your divine life is contained within my soul.

And although by Your holy will, O Lord,
Death is to touch my body,
I want this dissolution to come as quickly as possible,
For through it I am entering eternal life.

Jesus-Eucharist, life of my soul,
You have raised me up to the eternal spheres,
And this, by Your agony and death  midst terrible tortures.

Saint Faustina Kowalska
Divine Mercy Diary
Notebook V, 1393

No comments:

Post a Comment