Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Seventh Station, Jesus Fall the Second Time


We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You!
Because by your Holy Cross, You have redeemed the world!

The weight of your cross only seems to increase -- and that is even with Simon shouldering a lot of the burden.  Our sinfulness weighs upon You, the sins of all mankind since the beginning of time until You shall return again on the last day. 

I know that some of my sins seem so small and petty, Lord.  I ask myself why if I truly desire to each time I go to confession to start anew and not to fall back into sinful patterns and tendencies that I seem to be asking your pardon for the same sins again and again.

Lord Jesus, only with your grace can I overcome my sinful tendencies and begin to live anew with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment