Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Tenth Station, Jesus Is Stripped of His Garments


We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You!
Because by your Holy Cross, You have redeemed the world!

Your body was already screaming with pain from the falls and the crown of thorns pressing into the tender flesh of your head.  Now, the soldiers so cruelly strip your garments from your body.  All the wounds from your scouraging are torn savagely open again and every nerve in your body must cry out in agony.  Yet Scripture records no cry from your lips. 

Lord, just as your garments were stripped from You, help me strip myself of all trival things and all those attachments and affections that prevent me from following You more closely.

Lord, help me to put aside these things and give me a heart full of love for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment