Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Twelfth Station, Jesus Dies on the Cross


We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You!
Because by your Holy Cross, You have redeemed the world!

The cross became the place of your final words of teaching:  "Father, forgive them...", "Today you will be with me in Paradise...", "There is your son, there is your mother...", "'My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me...", "I thirst...", "It is consummated...", "Father, into Your hands I commend my Spirit." 

Words that have had such profound impact on all of humanity.  And when You had completed all that was to be done, You bowed your head and delivered over your Spirit. 

Lord, let me silently contemplate the magnitude of your love, your mercy.  As I I contemplate on your words from the cross may I find in them the strength and encouragement You wish to share with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment