Saturday, April 30, 2011

Union with God

As we approach Divine Mercy Sunday tomorrow, the following quote from the Diary of St. M. Faustina Kowalska, is both timely and speaks of her union with God -- that same union we all strive for in our lives...


Nothing disturbs my union with the Lord, neither conversation with others nor any duties; even if I am to go about settling very important matters, this does not disturb me.  My spirit is with God, and my interior being is filled with God, so I do not look for Him outside myself.  He, the Lord, penetrates my soul just as a ray from the sun penetrates clear glass.  When I was enclosed in my mother's womb, I was not so closesly united with her as I am with my God.  There, it was an unawareness; but here, it is the fullness of reality and the consciousness of union. 

Diary, Divine Mercy in My Soul
by St. M. Faustina Kowalska
Notebook II, No. 883

No comments:

Post a Comment