Monday, January 2, 2012

Evermore be led to thee...


As with gladness me of old
Did the guiding star behold,
As with joy they hailed its light,
Leading onward, beaming bright,
So, most gracious Lord, may we
Evermore be led to thee.


These words of a more popular Ephiphany hymn struck a different cord today, especially the last part...So, most gracious Lord, may we evermore be led to thee. 

At the beginning of this new year of grace 2012, I had to ask how am I being led to thee?  Shouldn't I be asking how am I being led by thee?  Am I -- are you -- allowing ourselves to be led along new and different paths by the Lord?  Ones that we might not pick on our own, yet called to follow nevertheless?

As we begin this new year, let's ask the Lord which path He wants us to follow, and then trust Him to lead us. 

Yes, sometimes it may be a wild ride with the Holy Spirit at the helm, but He always knows what's best for us, and what brings forth gifts and talents we never knew we possessed.  So, hang on and let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment