Friday, March 30, 2012

Closer Friendship with God


My Child, I have said that the Kingdom of God is within you.  Turn to Me with your whole heart.  Do not think too much of this world, and your soul will find rest in Me.  Do not let this earthly life take all of your attention.  Think often of Me and of My Will in your life.  Then you will become more conscious of My presence in your soul.  I pring you the gifts of peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.  These gifts are not given to those who pay too much attention to this earthly life.

One who loves Me and lives My truth, is a supernatural person.  By My grace he becomes free from sinful and dangerous desires.  He can freely turn to Me.  He is able to rise above the visible world aroud him and enjoy My friendship. 

As iron, cast into the fire, loses its rust and becomes bright with the flame, so too a man who turns his whole heart to Me, is purified of all sluggishness and changed into a new man.

from My Daily Bread, A Summary of the Spiritual Life
by Anthony J. Paone, SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment