Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Petitions of St. Augustine


Lord, Jesus, let me know myself and know Thee,
And desire nothing save only Thee,
Let me hate myself and love Thee,
Let me do everything for the sake of Thee,
Let me humble myself and exalt Thee,
Let me think nothing except Thee,
Let me die to myself and live in Thee,
Let me accept whatever happens as from Thee.
Let me banish self and follow Thee,
And ever desire to follow Thee.
Let me fly from myself and take refuge in THee.
Let me fear for myself, let me fear Thee,
Let me be willing to obey for the sake of Thee.
Let me cling to sonthing save only to Thee.
And let me be poor because of Thee.
Look upon me, that I may love Thee;
Call me that I may see Thee
And for ever enjoy Thee.  Amen.

in The Prayer Book

No comments:

Post a Comment