Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tenth Station ~ Jesus is Stripped of His Garments

Tenth Station 
Tenth Station St.Emma Monastery

 Jesus is Stripped of His Garments

But before He is nailed to the Cross, Jesus gives us yet another overwhelming showing of His love, yet another proof of His identification with men in their bitterest humiliation: Jesus is stripped of His garments.

He stood there identified with the convert, either from sin of unbelief, who must tear off the long established habits of sin and weakness as if her were tearing off his skin.

Prayer

Give me the courage and the dignity and splendour of Your love,
 to live openly, without pretence, even when there is that in my life which shames me.
Give me the one glory of those who are disgraced and ashamed before the world:
 to be stripped with You, Jesus Christ my redeemer, upon Calvary.

Amen

The Way of the Cross  by Caryll Houselander

No comments:

Post a Comment