Saturday, May 4, 2013

Alleluia




Today's second reading for vigils caught my attention. I have read this passage every year and I was surprised in that I have read this passage many time and today it was like I had never seen it before.
This is why lectio is very important in our lives, you never know how God is going to speak to you today.


From a discourse on the psalms by Saint Augustine, bishop

The Easter Alleluia

"Now therefore, brethren, we urge you to praise God. That is what we are all telling each other when we say Alleluia. You say to your neighbor, “Praise the Lord!” and he says the same to you. We are all urging one another to praise the Lord, and all thereby doing what each of us urges the other to do. But see that your praise comes from your whole being; in other words, see that you praise God not with your lips and voices alone, but with your minds, your lives and all your actions."

From the Liturgy of the Hours 2nd vol pg 865



It makes me stop and think about how my actions are praising God.  Is my life an Alleluia life?

No comments:

Post a Comment