Friday, May 24, 2013

Conversion to Vocation ~ from a Nun at St. Emma part 1



My vocation story starts when I was interested in converting to Catholicism, in my senior year of High School.  I had a friend who was Catholic but hated everything about it, and would complain to me about what went on in the Church and other religious traditions. I wasn't raised in a particular church. I did end up attending the Methodist Church with my mother and step dad when visiting them on weekends. I became very involved in the youth program and went on a mission trip down to Appalachia, and loved it. As I became more and more involved with the Methodist Church I felt like there was something missing. God and thus religion had been around longer than John Wesley and where was the history. So I was listing to what my friend was saying and thinking there is something more in her Church. So I became very interested in the Catholic Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment