Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lord Grant Me an Intellect Enlighted by Faith


I often ask the Lord Jesus for an intellect enlightened by faith.  I express this to the Lord in these words:  "Jesus, give me an intellect, a great intellect, for this only, that I may understand You better; because the better I get to know You, the more ardently will I love You.  Jesus, I ask You for a powerful intellect, that I may understand divine and lofty matters.  Jesus, give me a keen intellect with which I will get to know Your Divine Essence and Your indwelling, Triune life.  Give my intellect these capacities and aptitudes by means of Your special grace.  Although I know that there is a capability through grace which the Church gives me, there is still a treasure of graces which You give us, O Lord, when we ask You for them..."
Diary, Divine Mercy in My Soul
by St. M. Faustina Kowalska
Notebook V, No. 1474

No comments:

Post a Comment