Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Novena to St. Peter and St. Paul




O holy apostles, Peter and Paul,
I choose you this day forever
to be my special patrons and advocates.
I choose you St. Peter, prince of the apostles,
because you are the rock upon which Jesus built his Church.
I choose you St. Paul,
because you are a vessel of election
and preacher of truth to the whole world.

Obtain for me, I pray, a lively faith, firm hope and burning love.
I ask you for patience in adversity and humility in prosperity.
Make me attentive in prayer, pure of heart and motives,
diligent in fulfilling the duties of my state of life
and content in my resolutions.
Help me to be docile to the will of God
and to persevere in the grace of God until death.

Through your intercession and glorious merits,
holy apostles,
may I be able to overcome the temptations of the devil.
Make me worthy to appear before the chief and eternal shepherd of souls,
Jesus Christ, who with the Father and the Holy Spirit
lives and reigns for endless ages,
so that I may enjoy his presence and love forever.
Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory to the Father
V. You shall make them princes over all the earth.
R. They shall be mindful of your name, O Lord.

Let us pray
O God, you raised up blessed Peter,
when he began to sink after walking on the water,
and three times delivered the apostle Paul
from the depths of the sea when he shipwrecked.
By the merits of St. Peter and St. Paul,
graciously hear us
and grant that we also may attain to everlasting glory.
You who live and reign, world without end.
Amen.

1 comment: