Thursday, June 9, 2011

Novena to the Holy Spirit, Day 8


Come, Holy Spirit,
and grant me a tremendous outpouring of charity
so that I may truly love God for his own sake
and my neighbor as myself.
Fill me with your joy
so that I may delight in God's presence,
appreciate the beauty of all God's creations
and to have the sparkle of enthusiastic zeal in my life.
Fill my soul with your peace so that I may believe and trust God.
May I be at peace my fellow man
by not allowing strife to be a part of my relationships with other people,
and may I maintain peace with myself
by refusing to live in guilt or condemnation
and recognize that God is greater than all of my sins.
Grant me an abundance of patience

so that I may endure hardship caused by another person
in conformity with God’s will,
without sadness or resentment.
Grant me the virtue of kindness,
so that I may have an
understanding sympathy
and concern for persons in need.Come, Holy Spirit, come!
May it be expressed in affable speech, generous conduct,
and forgiveness for injuries sustained.
Pour out in me a generous spirit of goodness
so that I may be generous to give to another what is not deserved
and be open-hearted and open-handed with those whom I encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment