Saturday, June 9, 2012

Novena to the Sacred Heart, Day 4

A Prayerful Heart


Jesus, in your prayer,
You show me the intimate communion You shared with the Father.
Whether on mountain top or in the dessert,
You were immersed in conversation with Him.
You shared your thoughts, ideas,
expressed your thanks and pleaded with him,
and in so doing gave me an example to follow.
You told your disciples that You and the Father were one
and indeed that I too may enjoy that same intimacy with the Father.
May I persevere in my efforts to pray as You did
so that I too may have that dynamic relationship
as You, the Father and Holy Spirit share.
May I trust unreservedly.
May I be ever mindful to make time to spend with You in prayer.
May I value prayer as a priority
and appreciate it.
Make me ever grateful for the communion I share with You.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus,
full of prayer and devotion,
make my heart like unto Yours.

Some scripture texts for further prayer and meditation:
Mark 14:36
John 17:21, 23

No comments:

Post a Comment