Friday, June 15, 2012

The Solemnity of the Sacred Heart

A Loving Heart


Jesus,
above all else, Your heart stands for love.
All virtues and qualities are but the various facets of Your love.
A love so immense that You chose to willing give your life
so that I could be reconciled with You.
Sinful, imperfect me.
I was that important to You --
thank you.
Your love for me is personal, passionate, enduring, heroic, eternal.
Grant me the grace to adequately contemplate Your love.
May I experience Your love in new and powerful ways.
And most importantly,
may I truly respond to Your love in new and selfless ways.
May I see You in every person I encounter.
May I hear Your voice speaking in the depths of my heart.
I ask You to set my heart totally on fire
with love for everyone.
Grant me the courage to proclaim my love for You
and to share my faith with others.
O Jesus, I love You!

Sacred Heart of Jesus,
whose heart is filled with Love,
make my heart like unto Yours.

Some scripture texts for further prayer and meditation:
John 1:14, 3:16
Galations 2:20
1 John 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment