Sunday, June 10, 2012

Novena to the Sacred Heart, Day 5

A Grateful Heart


Jesus,
your gratitude flowed both in your communion with the Father
and in your interactions with those You encountered.
Yet, all too often, when I receive gifts and graces from You
I forget to give You both credit and thanks.
The Samaritan leper you cured along with nine others
is a tremendous example of the noble virtue gratitude
that You treasure.
You showed me in your words to your father
recorded in the Gospel how important it is to say "thank you"
even for the little things I take so much for granted:
every small act of kindness and gesture of love
are important and should be acknowledged with gratitude. 
Make me humble that I may notice the little acts of kindness,
the gifts I receive each day.
May this awareness lead me to You.
Thank you for creating me, for giving me life.
Thank you for my family,
my experiences.
Thank you for my faith and
for the gift of Your Body and Blood which nourishes my soul.
Thank you for companions on the journey
who encourage as well as challenge.
And thank you for being You!

Sacred Heart of Jesus,
full of gratitude to all,
make my heart like unto Yours.


Some scripture texts for further prayer and meditation:
Matthew 11:25
Luke 10:21
Luke 17:11-17

No comments:

Post a Comment