Monday, June 11, 2012

Novena to the Sacred Heart, Day 6

A Courageous Heart


Jesus,
You chose the path to Calvary
when You could have walked away.
You chose to leave Nazareth
and the home You had with Mary.
You chose to teach the truth,
even when it angered your hearers
and brought the hatred of the the Pharisees.
During your Passion,
You demonstrated courage at a new height
before the Sanhedrin, Herod, Pilate and you executioners.
Too often I am paralized by my fear:
the fear of being misunderstood,
the fear of not being loved or wanted,
the fear of not being accepted,
the fear of being myself,
the fear that prohibits me from taking risks
so that I might grow in ways I never dreamed,
the fear of loving without counting the cost.
So many fears, yet leaning on You
I can overcome my fears
and become the person You desire me to be.
Lord, give me the courage
to follow the path less traveled --
the path that will lead me to an ever deeping union with You.

Sacred Heart of Jesus,
bold and courageous of heart,
make my heart like unto Yours.

Some scripture texts for further prayer and meditation:
Matthew 7:14
Matthew 26:53
Luke 9:51
John 10:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment